Community Development Coordinator
The Community Development Coordinator assists the City Administrator in all areas of Community Development with the primary focus being on commercial projects and housing, planning and development, coordination and working with numerous public boards and groups as well as private sector business interests. The Community Development Coordinator participates in physical development projects in Lyons, administration of grants, and other special projects as assigned. He also serves as a staff liaison to the Planning commission for the execution of the City of Lyons Community Comprehensive Plan.
Some essential functions of the position include:
- Assisting and promoting citywide economic development planning
- serving as primary citywide resource person for development issues such as housing, retail base retention/expansion, industrial development, tourism, and community development programs and projects.
- Serving as liaison between government entities and the business community
- Seeking economic/housing development grants and administering them as necessary.
- Communicating official plans, policies and procedures to staff and general public as assigned.